Money from Nijera Shikhi UK has funded some new benches for a classroom in the Rev JPH school in Bangladesh.
Final Examination of the Learners:
The final examinations of the learners of the Revd. J.P.H School were held from 9th December to 17th December, 2015.
The results Cards were distributed to the learners with the gift cards of the 3rd January 2016.
Distribution of the Primers to the learners
The primers were distributed to the learners on the 10th January, 2016.
Benches for the classrooms
Total 36 high and low benches will be set up for all the learners in 3 classes for their easy reading and writing. So all the learners very eagerly are waiting for their changed classes in January, 2016.
120 learners of the Revd. J.P.H. School observed the “Victory Day” on the 16th December, 2015 at 10:30 A.M. by a rally at Adabor Bazar Road with the School teachers and staffs of Nijera Shikhi. The local people also enjoyed the rally and appreciated the program of the children of Nijera Shikhi School.
After the rally the teachers brought the learners at the school and a discussions was held on the history of the “Victory Day” for the learning of the school children.
Then all the learners, teachers and staffs received a packet of rich snacks with sweets, shingara and soft drinks. The children enjoyed the program and happily went to their home at 1:00 P.M.
Mothers’ Meeting : Held on 10th December, 2015 at 4:00 P.M
Venue : Nijera Shikhi’s Revd. JPH School
Mothers Present : 45
Teachers Present : Anjir Begum & Shahnaj Begum
Executive Secretary (ES): Professor Suraiya Siddiquy
of Nijera Shikhi
1. Class Schedules to be changed for:
Pre-Primary, Class I and Class II from 11:00 am upto 1:30 pm in the day shift.
2. Health Care :
Class III, Class IV and Class V from 8:00 A.M upto 10:30 A.M in the morning shift.
3. High and low wooden benches to be given for the students in 3 class rooms from January, 2016.
Reasons for that changes of shift:
It is very difficult to come early in the morning for the little learners. So, little learners will be more present at day shifts to attend their classes.
And the younger students can come earlier easily at the morning shift and they will have more time at day to help their mothers & fathers or jobs for their earnings.
Results of the discussions:
1) Changed Shifts of the classes: All the mothers present agreed with the required causes of the change of the shift of the classes when the Executive Secretary described every point of its benefits. So, it was decided that the classes from January, 2016 will be done as the decisions taken in this meeting. The teachers also received the instructions to take the classes according to the discussions of the meeting.
2) Health Care : The Executive Secretary requested every mother to be very careful about the cold weather and Final Exams of their children. She also requested the mothers to take proper care by using safe drinking water, more vegetables, local fruits like lemon, guava etc. and small fishes for the good health of the children.
3) Benches for the Classes: The Executive Secretary informed the mothers present in the meeting that needful high and low benches will be given in 3 classes for the students benefits’ in January, 2016.
All the mothers and teachers received a packet of snacks and leaved the school by offering thanks to the Executive Secretary for her needful decisions for the students.